CompTIA Network+ (N10-008)
DoD Approved 8570: IAT Level I
|Number of Exams:
- Hands-on instruction by a certified instructor
- Includes all course materials and practice exams
- Includes all certification exams
- Onsite Testing
- Breakfast and Lunch provided each day
If airfare and lodging are not required, the price is £575 less for 2-week courses, and £285 less for one week courses.
CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-008) helps develop a career in IT infrastructure covering troubleshooting, configuring, and managing networks.
CompTIA Network+ validates the technical skills needed to securely establish, maintain and troubleshoot the essential networks that businesses rely on.
Unlike other vendor-specific networking certifications, CompTIA Network+ prepares candidates to support networks on any platform. CompTIA Network+ is the only certification that covers the specific skills that network professionals need. Other certifications are so broad, they don't cover the hands-on skills and precise knowledge needed in today's networking environments.
CompTIA Network+ features flexible training options including self-paced learning, live online training, custom training and labs to advance the career development of IT professionals in network administration.
What Skills Will You Learn?
Explain basic networking concepts including network services, physical connections, topologies and architecture, and cloud connectivity.
Explain routing technologies and networking devices; deploy ethernet solutions and configure wireless technologies.
Monitor and optimize networks to ensure business continuity.
Explain security concepts and network attacks in order to harden networks against threats.
Troubleshoot common cable, connectivity, and software issues related to networking.
Jobs that use Network+
- Junior Network Administrator
- Datacenter Support Technician
- Network Engineer
- System Administrator
- NOC Technician
- Telecommunications Technician
- Cable Technician
1.0 Networking Fundamentals
Compare and contrast the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model layers and encapsulation concepts.
- OSI model
- Data encapsulation and decapsulation within the OSI model context
Explain the characteristics of network topologies and network types.
- Network types and characteristics
- Service-related entry point
- Virtual network concepts
- Provider links
Summarize the types of cables and connectors and explain which is the appropriate type for a solution.
- Connector types
- Cable management
- Ethernet standards
Given a scenario, configure a subnet and use appropriate IP addressing schemes.
- Public vs. private
- IPv4 vs. IPv6
- IPv4 subnetting
- IPv6 concepts
- Virtual IP (VIP)
Explain common ports and protocols, their application, and encrypted alternatives.
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Secure Shell (SSH)
- Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP)
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
- Post Office Protocol v3 (POP3)
- Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP)
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) [Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)]
- HTTPS [Transport Layer Security (TLS)]
- Server Message Block (SMB)
- SMTP TLS
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (over SSL) (LDAPS)
- IMAP over SSL
- POP3 over SSL
- Structured Query Language (SQL) Server
- Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- IP protocol types
- Connectionless vs. connection-oriented
Explain the use and purpose of network services.
Explain basic corporate and datacenter network architecture.
- Software-defined networking
- Spine and leaf
- Traffic flows
- Branch office vs. on-premises datacenter vs. colocation
- Storage area networks
Summarize cloud concepts and connectivity options.
- Deployment models
- Service models
- Infrastructure as code
- Connectivity options
- Security implications
2.0 Network Implementations
Compare and contrast various devices, their features, and their appropriate placement on the network.
- Networking devices
- Networked devices
Compare and contrast routing technologies and bandwidth management concepts.
- Bandwidth management
Given a scenario, configure and deploy common Ethernet switching features.
- Data virtual local area network (VLAN)
- Voice VLAN
- Port configurations
- Media access control (MAC) address tables
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)/ Power over Ethernet plus (PoE+)
- Spanning Tree Protocol
- Carrier-sense multiple access with collision detection (CSMA/CD)
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)
- Neighbor Discovery Protocol
Given a scenario, install and configure the appropriate wireless standards and technologies.
- 802.11 standards
- Frequencies and range
- Channel bonding
- Service set identifier (SSID)
- Antenna types
- Encryption standards
- Cellular technologies
- Multiple input, multiple output (MIMO) and multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO)
3.0 Network Operations
Given a scenario, use the appropriate statistics and sensors to ensure network availability.
- Performance metrics/sensors
- Network device logs
- Interface statistics/status
- Interface errors or alerts
- Environmental factors and sensors
- NetFlow data
Explain the purpose of organizational documents and policies.
- Plans and procedures
- Hardening and security policies
- Common documentation
- Common agreements
Explain high availability and disaster recovery concepts and summarize which is the best solution.
- Load balancing
- Network interface card (NIC) teaming
- Redundant hardware/clusters
- Facilities and infrastructure support
- Redundancy and high availability (HA) concepts
- Network device backup/restore
4.0 Network Security
Explain common security concepts.
- Confidentiality, integrity, availability (CIA)
- Least privilege
- Role-based access
- Zero Trust
- Defense in depth
- Authentication methods
- Risk Management
- Security information and event management (SIEM)
Compare and contrast common types of attacks.
- Human and environmental
Given a scenario, apply network hardening techniques.
- Best practices
- Wireless security
- IoT access considerations
Compare and contrast remote access methods and security implications.
- Site-to-site VPN
- Client-to-site VPN
- Remote desktop connection
- Remote desktop gateway
- Virtual network computing (VNC)
- Virtual desktop
- Authentication and authorization considerations
- In-band vs. out-of-band management
Explain the importance of physical security.
- Detection methods
- Prevention methods
- Asset disposal
5.0 Network Troubleshooting
Explain the network troubleshooting methodology.
- Identify the problem
- Establish a theory of probable cause
- Test the theory to determine the cause
- Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and identify potential effects
- Implement the solution or escalate as necessary
- Verify full system functionality and, if applicable, implement preventive measures
- Document findings, actions, outcomes, and lessons learned
Given a scenario, troubleshoot common cable connectivity issues and select the appropriate tools.
- Specifications and limitations
- Cable considerations
- Cable application
- Common issues
- Common tools
Given a scenario, use the appropriate network software tools and commands.
- Software tools
- Command line tool
- Basic network platform commands
Given a scenario, troubleshoot common wireless connectivity issues.
- Specifications and limitations
- Common issues
Given a scenario, troubleshoot general networking issues.
- Common issues
MCSEClasses.com is your best choice for CompTIA Network+,
CompTIA Network+ training,
CompTIA Network+ certification,
CompTIA Network+ certification boot camp,
CompTIA Network+ boot camp,
CompTIA Network+ certification training,
CompTIA Network+ boot camp training,
CompTIA Network+ boot camp certification,
CompTIA Network+ certification course,
CompTIA Network+ course,
training CompTIA Network+,
certification CompTIA Network+,
boot camp CompTIA Network+,
certification CompTIA Network+ boot camp,
certification CompTIA Network+ training,
boot camp CompTIA Network+ training,
certification CompTIA Network+ course.